My Research in the News
My book, Liberalism’s Troubled Search for Equality: Religion and Cultural Bias in the Oregon Physician-Assisted Suicide Debates (University of Notre Dame Press, 2007):
- First Things, Wesley J. Smith, "Review of Liberalism's Troubled Search for Equality" (3/5/2008).
- The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life, David Masci, “A Progressive Argument Against the Legalization of Physician-Assisted Suicide” (10/03/2007).
- Sojourners Magazine, Jim Wallis, "Hearts & Minds: Come Let Us Reason Together" (December 2007).
- The Christian Century, "Polls Find Shifts by Young Evangelicals" (10/30/2007).
- The Roundtable on Religion and Social Welfare Policy, "An Interview with Dr. Robert P. Jones of the Third Way Culture Program" (10/23/07)
- American Prospect, Sarah Posner, The FundamentaList (10/17/2007).
- Dallas Morning News, William McKenzie, “The Tension Growing in Evangelicalism is Healthy” (10/16/2007).
- U.S. News and World Report, Liz Halloran, “A Brewing Fight on the Right” (10/12/2007).
- Family Research Council, Tony Perkins, “No Surrender” (10/12/2007).
- National Public Radio's Interfaith Voices, Maureen Fiedler, "Evangelicals and Progressives Find a Third Way" (October 11, 2007) (audio file).
- Christian Science Monitor, Jane Lampman, “Signs of a Truce in America's Divisive Culture War” (10/11/2007).
- Associated Baptist Press, Robert Marus, “Evangelicals, Liberals Seek Dialogue on Culture War Issues” (10/11/2007).
- Newsweek, Eve Conant, “The Search for Common Ground” (10/10/2007).
- CBN News.com, The Associated Press, “Third Way Unites Evangelicals, Liberals” (10/10/2007).
- Press Conference video, “Come Let Us Reason Together” (10/10/2007).
- Washington Post, E. J. Dionne Jr., “A Culture War Treaty: A Requiem for the Religious Right?” (10/09/2007).
With Faith in Public Life
- U.S. News & World Report Blog, Liz Halloran, "White Evangelical Vote for Democrats Is Up" (February 11, 2008).
- Christianity Today Blog, Ted Olsen, "Survey: Evangelical Democrats Favored Hillary in Mo., Tenn." (February 11, 2008).
- News Tribune (Jefferson City, MO), Bob Watson, "Poll finds evangelicals vote in both parties" (February 12, 2008).
With the Center for American Values in Public Life at People for the American Way Foundation, “The American Values Survey”
- Tikkun Magazine (cover story), Michael Lerner, “Hope is Back: How to Keep the Democrats from Blowing it Once Again, version 2006-2008” (January/February 2007).
- Detroit News, Deb Price, “GOP Must Stop Digging Hole with Anti-gay Shovel” (11/27/2006).
- Colorado Springs Gazette, The Gazette and News Services, "Separating Church and GOP?" (11/04/2006).
- USA Today, Amy Sullivan, "Why Democrats are Losing the Culture War" (10/26/2006).
- Washington Post, Alan Cooperman, "GOP's Hold on Evangelicals Weakening" (10/06/2006).
- MSNBC.com, "'Values Voters' Start to Lose Faith in the Republican Cause," (09/25/2006).
- National Journal, Gwen Glazer and Jane Roh, "Depends on What the Definition of 'Values' Is," Sept. 22, 2006.
- Chicago Tribune, Lisa Anderson, "Christian Middle Seeking Turn at Bully Pulpit," Sept. 21, 2006.